The role you play
- Leading requirement discovery with business end-users
- Supporting BI Architect in testing and research of recent technologies and implementation plans
- Develop advanced analytics toolsets with predictive models and interpret results to data consumers
- Interface with Information Technology to support attaining resources for data sources
- Be a master data storyteller utilizing best practices to aid business leaders in deriving insight
- Lead in agile project development utilizing rapid prototyping as a tool for requirement discovery
- Automating manual data collection and manipulation traditionally done in Excel, enabling stakeholders to focus on other areas of expertise
- Creating and analyzing robust reports and recommending insights to stakeholders
- Owning and maintaining business data models in Power BI
- Being the go-to person when our partners have any questions or issues with data or dashboards
- Diagnosing issues on the fly and providing guidance with metrics and visualizations
- Performing ad-hoc analyses to help drive projects and key business initiatives forward
- Maintaining documentation and providing cross-functional training
- Documenting data definitions, key metrics, and sample reports
- Ensuring alignment and consistency in reporting across the company
- Collaborating with business process experts to understand how changes in process impact Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics
- Validating data with end users to ensure that data is clean and reflective of work
- Operating independently; managing and tracking your own work progression
- Providing guidance to less experienced members of the team, as needed
- Contributing to team and organizational objectives
- Sharing knowledge and skill development with team members
- Demonstrate a professional presence and act as a positive role model for team members
- Participate in continued education efforts and stay current on best practices and technology
People who are successful in this role…
- Are independent and can create and manage workplans individually
- Are comfortable operating without predefined deliverables or boundaries
- Find patterns in data that others do not see
- Display a bias to action and are energized by, not paralyzed by, problems
- Deliver presentations with confidence and flair
- Communicate in a manner that resonates clearly with the intended audience
- Are clear and concise in their written and verbal communication
- Can anticipate issues and escalate effectively
- Believe they have input and the ability to influence the process
- Are adaptable and flexible – willing to adjust their approach to the scenario
- Are willing to push their comfort zone and be a team player
- Make commitments – and keep commitments
- Learn from their mistakes and create a safe environment for others to make mistakes and learn
- Invest time in people, display compassion, and listen intently
- Enjoy teaching and helping others grow
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of work experience in a similar business intelligence or data analytics role
- Expert knowledge of SQL and experience working with Power BI
- Comfortable collaborating with all stakeholders and interpretating data
- Able to work successfully with minimal supervision and wide latitude for independent judgement
- Experience mentoring less experienced team members
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and seek the true user requirements
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with GIT and version control platforms
We'd love to see:
- Experience with data warehouse design and implementation
- Experience with Star Schema or Snowflake data models
- Strong SQL skills and exposure to SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Experience with Azure technologies and ecosystem
- Knowledge of Advanced Analytics and statistical methods utilizing a popular language such as R or Python
- Experience with various visualization technologies and techniques
- Knowledge of Big Data methodologies, NoSQL, Data Lake or Delta Lake
Need a few more details?
Exempt | Regular full-time
Must be legally authorized to work in US without sponsorship
This position is remote. Must work in a location within US
Minimal (less than 10%)
Now, a little about us …
At Tegria, we bring bold ideas and breakthroughs to improve care, technology, revenue, and operations in ways that move healthcare organizations from patient-centered to human-centered. We are helping healthcare put people first—both patients and those who dedicate their lives to delivering care.
And at the very core of this vital work is our incredibly talented people.
People with different backgrounds who welcome challenge and change. People who listen first, ask hard questions, and make decisions to cultivate a culture of equity and inclusion. People who chase after goals, growth, and generosity. We’re real. We’re nimble, and we believe in our mission to humanize healthcare.
Perks and benefits
Top talent deserves top rewards. We’ve carefully curated a best-in-class benefits package, meant to meet you wherever you are in your life and career.
- Your health, holistically. We offer a choice of multiple health and dental plans with nationally recognized networks, as well as vision benefits, a total wellness program, and an employee assistance program for you and your family.
- Your financial well-being. We offer competitive wages, retirement savings plans, company-paid disability and life insurance, pre-tax savings opportunities (HSA and/or FSA), and more.
- And everything in between. Our lifestyle benefits are unrivaled, including professional development offerings, opportunities for remote work, and our favorite: a generous paid-time-off program, giving you the flexibility to plan a vacation, take time away for illness (or life’s important events), and shift your schedule to accommodate those unexpected curve balls thrown your way.
Tegria is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.