The role you play
An effective Senior Proposal Manager will help the organization on a whole achieve success through:
- Embracing our mission to humanize healthcare
- Living our Tegria values: Respect Every Person, Act with Integrity, Strive for Better, Embrace Change, Deliver as a Team
RFP Response and Proposal Management
- RFP Assessment: Analyzing and appraising incoming RFPs to gain a comprehensive understanding of the client’s needs. Leveraging extensive knowledge across various service lines to ascertain the proposal’s scope (e.g., whether it calls for a comprehensive solution or is specific to a single service line, such as Clinical Optimization. Data & Analytics, Patient Access & Experience, etc.
- Proposal Management: Orchestrating the end-to-end proposal process to guarantee the submission of a meticulously vetted proposal within the stipulated time frame. This includes adhering to the client’s preferred submission method, whether physical or through their designated online platform
- Crafting customized proposals tailored to address the unique needs and preferences of each client, while adeptly managing stakeholder relationship
- Defining the scope, establishing, and overseeing project timelines, and identifying key resources and contributors
- Crafting a compelling and persuasive executive summary of the proposed solution, with a focus on maximizing sales and catering to existing and potential service lines, markets, and partnership
- Devising and executing a strategic content plan for our most intricate RFPs and proposals.
- Actively engaging subject matter experts to solicit and enhance content
- Holding resources and contributors accountable for their deliverables
- Ensuring meticulous follow-through to meet the client’s submission date and adhere to their specific criteria
- Content management: Fully managing all of the proposal content and gathering feedback. Developing high-quality, persuasive, and compliant proposal content, ensuring it aligns with the RFP requirements and addresses the client’s needs
- Quality Assurance: Elevating Tegria’s prominence within the proposal, showcasing Tegria’s unwavering commitment to excellence and quality through outstanding submission. Thoroughly validating all content elements, such as links, videos, animations, graphs, numerical figures, and layout, to ensure flawless functionality. Scrutinizing and enhancing proposal content for precise spelling, accurate numerical data, overall correctness, absolute clarity, and unwavering consistency. Crafting a proposal that embodies the organization’s brand and messaging while strictly adhering to all RFP guidelines and instructions, including comprehensive risk assessment. Striving to ensure the highest level of quality on all RFP submissions.
- Visual Enhancements and Layout: Elevating the proposal’s visual appeal and readability through the utilization of advanced proposal software and the application of expert-level PowerPoint design techniques
- Developing and championing the Tegria voice and style in all of your writing and interactions
- Identifying, recommending, and implementing best practices for content creation, storage, and versioning within cross-company knowledge management tools
- Fulfilling complex team service requests and developing processes and content to simplify or automate repeated requests
- Designing project schedules and updating project management methodology to reflect changing company processes and teams, tools, markets, and client needs
- Creating templates for agendas, tools, and deliverables
- Facilitating meetings on contentious topics with many stakeholders to reach decisions efficiently and defining next actions and follow-ups to produce on-time, quality deliverables
- Leveraging your specialized skill set to serve as a thought leader on the team
- Managing process documentation, template, and tool storage on SharePoint, OneNote, and Microsoft Teams
- Attending and actively participating in team meetings and 1-1s with your leadership team and cross-company meetings related to topics or processes that impact proposal development
- Mentoring less-experienced team members
- Embracing our mission to transform healthcare together
- Knowing, understanding, and incorporating our mission, vision, and values in behavior, practices, and decisions
- Operating independently without guidance or oversight
- Using a high degree of independent judgment
- Monitoring your own work progression
People who are successful in this role…
- Can own concurrent projects by acquiring knowledge, sharing it with decision makers, executing in a timely manner, and producing quality outcomes
- Are highly autonomous and self-directed
- Possess a collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeves mindset
- Lead by example with excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have a hunger for knowledge and are willing to participate in professional development activities to strengthen your ability to contribute to higher-level tasks
- Maintain high standards for the quality of their own and others’ work to serve stakeholders with kindness
- Demonstrate clear, and strategic thinking. They can cut through the noise and get to the heart of the matter.
- An experienced leader and people motivator
- Are highly motivated to understand clients’ needs and communicate how Tegria can meet those needs
- Exhibit excellent writing and editing skills and standardize disparate content into a unified Tegria voice
What we're looking for
- 6+ years of strategic proposal management experience
- 8+ years of writing and/or editing experience
- APMP certification
- Mastery of technical and persuasive writing and editing skills, including grammar, syntax, punctuation, style, and corporate voice
- Ability to understand customer needs and market opportunities and adapt content to reflect how company services meet these needs and opportunities
- Referenceable experience in leading cross-disciplinary project teams to produce quality deliverables in a deadline-drive environment
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare IT industry topics
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience writing for healthcare IT and/or professional services industry
Need a few more details?
Exempt | Regular full-time
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
This position is remote. Must work in a location within the U.S.
Minimal (less than 10%)
$87,000 - $144,000
Now, a little about us …
At Tegria, we bring bold ideas and breakthroughs to improve care, technology, revenue, and operations in ways that move healthcare organizations from patient-centered to human-centered. We are helping healthcare put people first—both patients and those who dedicate their lives to delivering care.
And at the very core of this vital work is our incredibly talented people.
People with different backgrounds who welcome challenge and change. People who listen first, ask hard questions, and make decisions to cultivate a culture of equity and inclusion. People who chase after goals, growth, and generosity. We’re real. We’re nimble, and we believe in our mission to humanize healthcare.
Perks and benefits
Top talent deserves top rewards. We’ve carefully curated a best-in-class benefits package, meant to meet you wherever you are in your life and career.
- Your health, holistically. We offer a choice of multiple health and dental plans with nationally recognized networks, as well as vision benefits, a total wellness program, and an employee assistance program for you and your family.
- Your financial well-being. We offer competitive wages, retirement savings plans, company-paid disability and life insurance, pre-tax savings opportunities (HSA and/or FSA), and more.
- And everything in between. Our lifestyle benefits are unrivaled, including professional development offerings, opportunities for remote work, and our favorite: a generous paid-time-off program, giving you the flexibility to plan a vacation, take time away for illness (or life’s important events), and shift your schedule to accommodate those unexpected curve balls thrown your way.
Tegria is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.