The role you play
An effective Senior Epic Health Information Management Analyst will help the organization on a whole achieve success through:
- Living our Tegria values: Respect Every Person, Act with Integrity, Strive for Better, Embrace Change, Deliver as a Team
System Analyst and Support
- Developing and implementing system solutions to fulfill customers’ requests for EHR application modifications to address new/changing business needs resulting from changes to regulatory requirements, insurance company requirements, addition/removal of hospital services, or other IT applications
- Assessing your client’s needs, goals, and current application build
- Documenting business requirements for proposed system changes
- Determining workflows; configuring and testing application build
- Ensuring build meets business requirements without causing downstream or cross-functional problems
- Applying systems analysis techniques to perform root cause analysis and recommending solutions that align with industry and EHR vendor best practices
- Escalating issues to EHR vendors on behalf of your client; building, testing, and validating vendor proposed solutions
- Escalating issues to 3rd party vendors on behalf of your client; collaborating with these vendors on build, testing, and issue resolution
- Advising on the deployment of enhanced system functionality based on your client’s needs, goals, and environment
- Delivering high quality Tier 2 routine maintenance and break/fix to multiple clients, in accordance with contracted SLAs
- Providing Tier 3 project support to multiple clients
- Adhering closely to customer policies surrounding change control and build documentation
- Learning and understanding the latest EHR vendor recommendations and recommending implementation of best practices depending on client environment
- Collaborating with Client Success Managers to assist with client requests
- Providing outcome data to your Client Success Manager
- Staying current with EHR system certifications and application knowledge
- Contributing to the overall growth of the team and other analysts, as able
- Providing guidance to less experienced members of the team, as needed
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the knowledge base, workflows, and other documentation
- Participating in interviews and customer kick-offs
- Helping to scope potential new engagements
- Serving as an application lead, as appropriate
- Contributing to team and organizational objectives
- Supporting clients during client-designated business hours
- Participating in after hours on-call support, as required by client contract
- Knowing, understanding, and incorporating our mission, vision, and values in behavior, practices, and decisions
- Complying with all HIPAA policies, procedures, and training requirements
- Operating independently; managing and tracking your own work progression
- Effectively supporting multiple projects and managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Maintaining clinical and professional certifications and licensures, if applicable
People who are successful in this role…
- Are independent and can create and manage workplans individually
- Are comfortable operating without predefined deliverables or boundaries
- Deliver presentations with confidence and flair
- Communicate in a manner that resonates clearly with your intended audience
- Are clear and concise in their written and verbal communication
- Learn from their mistakes and create a safe environment for others to make mistakes and learn
- Make commitments – and keep commitments
- Are adaptable and flexible – willing to adjust their approach to the scenario
- Are willing to push their comfort zone and be a team player
What we're looking for
- 4+ years providing system support or technical service for an EHR, or
- 4+ years working as an advanced end user of an EHR system, or
- 4+ years as an application analyst for any system, not limited to EHRs
- EHR Application Support Experience:
- EHR certification in one or more applications with the ability to expertly support, and
- 3+ years of experience providing EHR system application support in required application
- Experience working successfully on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong application knowledge and familiarity with relevant workflows
- Able to work successfully with minimal supervision and wide latitude for independent judgement
- Experience mentoring less experienced team members
- Physical and sensory demands available upon request
We'd love to see:
- Positive energy and interpersonal skills with the ability to be relatable to your clients
- Exceptional communication skills with client leadership, project team, and operations
Need a few more details?
Exempt | Regular full-time
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
This position is remote. Must work in a location within the U.S.
Minimal (less than 10%)
Now, a little about us …
At Tegria, we bring bold ideas and breakthroughs to improve care, technology, revenue, and operations in ways that move healthcare organizations from patient-centered to human-centered. We are helping healthcare put people first—both patients and those who dedicate their lives to delivering care.
And at the very core of this vital work is our incredibly talented people.
People with different backgrounds who welcome challenge and change. People who listen first, ask hard questions, and make decisions to cultivate a culture of equity and inclusion. People who chase after goals, growth, and generosity. We’re real. We’re nimble, and we believe in our mission to humanize healthcare.
Perks and benefits
Top talent deserves top rewards. We’ve carefully curated a best-in-class benefits package, meant to meet you wherever you are in your life and career.
- Your health, holistically. We offer a choice of multiple health and dental plans with nationally recognized networks, as well as vision benefits, a total wellness program, and an employee assistance program for you and your family.
- Your financial well-being. We offer competitive wages, retirement savings plans, company-paid disability and life insurance, pre-tax savings opportunities (HSA and/or FSA), and more.
- And everything in between. Our lifestyle benefits are unrivaled, including professional development offerings, opportunities for remote work, and our favorite: a generous paid-time-off program, giving you the flexibility to plan a vacation, take time away for illness (or life’s important events), and shift your schedule to accommodate those unexpected curve balls thrown your way.
Tegria is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.