The role you play
An effective Revenue Cycle Transformation Consultant will help the organization on a whole achieve success through:
- Embracing our mission to humanize healthcare
- Living our Tegria values: Respect Every Person, Act with Integrity, Strive for Better, Embrace Change, Deliver as a Team
- Serving in a lead and/or supporting role capacity and can provide product operational, project-based, and/or related consulting services as needed
- Providing professional, effective, and consistent delivery of consulting services on all assigned engagements
- Collaborating on project activities and deliverables with fellow Tegria team members
- Working independently or as part of a project team on a client engagement. Could be full-time on a single customer engagement or part-time across customers
- Applying appropriate tools and methods as needed including, but not limited to, use of status reporting, standards, tools, metrics, expectation management, change management, change control, and quality assurance methods
- Proactively managing engagement/client communications, expectation setting, and time and status reporting by leveraging effective written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to independently apply best practices and concepts from similar work to new scenarios
Internal Team Support
- Providing guidance to less experienced members of the team, as needed
- Participating in Service/Practice Line development by assisting and sharing tools, methodology, and knowledge
- Contributing to team and organizational objectives
Sales and Business Development
- Supporting sales and business development by ensuring quality delivery on assigned engagements
- Reporting potential engagement expansion opportunities identified while working on assigned engagements
- Developing materials to support sales efforts, as needed
- Keeping abreast of current and developing trends and technologies in their area of expertise
- Operating independently; managing and tracking your own work progression
People who are successful in this role…
- Adapt to a dynamic environment with an ever-changing workload
- Own projects by acquiring knowledge, sharing it with decision makers, executing in a timely manner, and producing quality outcomes
- Can generate project momentum when requirements are being formalized or are ambiguous
- Have a collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeves mindset – leading by example with excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Thrive in a collaborative, matrixed environment
- Are organized with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain a high standard for the quality of their own and others’ work
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Typically, 5+ years’ experience in some or all the following:
- Healthcare or healthcare IT
- Serving in the consulting or professional service industry
- Area of focus (e.g., EHR, project management, product, technical skills)
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Able to work successfully with minimal supervision and wide latitude for independent judgment
- Experience mentoring less experienced team members
- Physical and Sensory Requirements are stated in the associated role profile and are available upon request
We'd love to see:
- Role-focused certification
- Demonstrated success in project/engagement management
- Proficiency in using Office Productivity and Collaboration Tools (e.g., O365)
Need a few more details?
Exempt | Regular Full-Time
Must be legally authorized to work in United States without sponsorship
This position is remote. Must work in a location within United States.
Up to 50%
Now, a little about us …
At Tegria, we bring bold ideas and breakthroughs to improve care, technology, revenue, and operations in ways that move healthcare organizations from patient-centered to human-centered. We are helping healthcare put people first—both patients and those who dedicate their lives to delivering care.
And at the very core of this vital work is our incredibly talented people.
People with different backgrounds who welcome challenge and change. People who listen first, ask hard questions, and make decisions to cultivate a culture of equity and inclusion. People who chase after goals, growth, and generosity. We’re real. We’re nimble, and we believe in our mission to humanize healthcare.
Perks and benefits
Top talent deserves top rewards. We’ve carefully curated a best-in-class benefits package, meant to meet you wherever you are in your life and career.
- Your health, holistically. We offer a choice of multiple health and dental plans with nationally recognized networks, as well as vision benefits, a total wellness program, and an employee assistance program for you and your family.
- Your financial well-being. We offer competitive wages, retirement savings plans, company-paid disability and life insurance, pre-tax savings opportunities (HSA and/or FSA), and more.
- And everything in between. Our lifestyle benefits are unrivaled, including professional development offerings, opportunities for remote work, and our favorite: a generous paid-time-off program, giving you the flexibility to plan a vacation, take time away for illness (or life’s important events), and shift your schedule to accommodate those unexpected curve balls thrown your way.
Tegria is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.