The role you play
An effective Interface Engineer will help the organization on a whole achieve success through:
- Embracing our mission to humanize healthcare
- Living our Tegria values–being real, serving intentionally, and stepping in and stepping up
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code with a focus on C#, ASP.NET, associated web technologies, and relational database technologies
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Implement, test, and bug-fix functionality
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Learn additional technologies as required and appropriate
- Working independently or as part of a project team on a client engagement. Could be full-time on a single customer engagement or part-time across customers
- Serving as a liaison between diverse IT and operations groups
- Facilitating meetings and owning meeting scheduling and coordination, preparation, documentation, and follow-up
- Utilizing, reviewing, and creating project tools and templates for assigned projects
- Creating and maintaining project plans
- Presenting to a wide variety of audiences
- Documenting measurable outcomes resulting from initiatives through KPI analysis and impact tracking
- Effectively utilizing communication, decision-making, and escalation pathways
- Executing effective project wrap-up through outcomes documentation, lessons-learned, and leave-behind materials allowing customers to sustain ongoing operations
- Mentoring Associate(s) on project activities and deliverables and collaborating with others on the same
- Mentoring customer counterparts for successful, long-term ownership and growth
What we're looking for
- Experience building/maintaining HL7 v2 interfaces, preferably of varying types (e.g. orders, lab, financial, imaging, document)
- Knowledge and/or certification in at least one interface engine (e.g. Ensemble, Cloverleaf, Rhapsody)
- Physical and Sensory Requirements are stated in the associate role profile and are available upon request
We'd love to see:
- Experience with FHIR, X12, Interconnect, Epic App Orchard
- Experience with Cache development
- Experience consuming REST API’s, preferability on .NET MVC WEB.API
- Epic Bridges certification (current or previous)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field – or comparable development experience
- Certifications in relevant technologies
- Process improvement mindset
- Healthcare knowledge preferred
- Experience with Azure DevOps or other project management tools
- Proficiency with code management tools
- Enjoy solving new and challenging problems
- Creative mindset with an eye for design
Need a few more details?
Exempt | Regular full-time
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
This position is remote. Must work in a location within the U.S.
Minimal (less than 10%)
Now, a little about us …
At Tegria, we bring bold ideas and breakthroughs to improve care, technology, revenue, and operations in ways that move healthcare organizations from patient-centered to human-centered. We are helping healthcare put people first—both patients and those who dedicate their lives to delivering care.
And at the very core of this vital work is our incredibly talented people.
People with different backgrounds who welcome challenge and change. People who listen first, ask hard questions, and make decisions to cultivate a culture of equity and inclusion. People who chase after goals, growth, and generosity. We’re real. We’re nimble, and we believe in our mission to humanize healthcare.
Perks and benefits
Top talent deserves top rewards. We’ve carefully curated a best-in-class benefits package, meant to meet you wherever you are in your life and career.
- Your health, holistically. We offer a choice of multiple health and dental plans with nationally recognized networks, as well as vision benefits, a total wellness program, and an employee assistance program for you and your family.
- Your financial well-being. We offer competitive wages, retirement savings plans, company-paid disability and life insurance, pre-tax savings opportunities (HSA and/or FSA), and more.
- And everything in between. Our lifestyle benefits are unrivaled, including professional development offerings, opportunities for remote work, and our favorite: a generous paid-time-off program, giving you the flexibility to plan a vacation, take time away for illness (or life’s important events), and shift your schedule to accommodate those unexpected curve balls thrown your way.
Tegria is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.