The role you play
An effective Healthcare Analytics Consultant, will help the organization on a whole achieve success through:
Healthcare Analytics Consultant Specific Responsibilities:
- Developing complex data sets using T-SQL, PL-SQL, or other querying languages that are efficient and easily digestible into a wide array of reporting platforms
- Transforming large data sets into meaningful insights using business intelligence tools to quickly deliver information to customers
- Extracting data sets for third-party or downstream systems
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques
- Working with clients to understand their business problems as well as proposing and developing analytic solutions to solve those problems
- Managing independent projects or a small project team that deliver analytics solutions within a fixed time frame and budget
Client Engagement Delivery:
- Working independently or as part of a project team on a client engagement. Could be full-time on a single customer engagement or part-time across customers
- Serving as a liaison between diverse IT and operations groups
- Facilitating meetings and owning meeting scheduling and coordination, preparation, documentation, and follow-up
- Utilizing, reviewing, and creating project tools and templates for assigned projects
- Creating and maintaining project plans
- Evaluating and documenting current-state processes through discovery and analysis.
- Presenting recommendations for improvements based on industry experience and best-practices
- Facilitating future-state workflow, policy, and process design and planning
- Building, testing, training, converting and/or deploying new infrastructure, workflows, policies, and processes
- Participating in major milestone reviews and decision gates
- Presenting to a wide variety of audiences
- Documenting measurable outcomes resulting from initiatives through KPI analysis and impact tracking
- Effectively utilizing communication, decision-making, and escalation pathways
- Executing effective project wrap-up through outcomes documentation, lessons-learned, and leave-behind materials allowing customers to sustain ongoing operations
- Mentoring Associate(s) on project activities and deliverables and collaborating with others on the same
- Mentoring customer counterparts for successful, long-term ownership and growth
- Contributing to personal and team development by participating in training activities and team events, while sharing your experience and expertise to help your team grow
- Participating in internal projects for Tegria’s strategic growth
- Planning and executing team- and company-wide gatherings, such as retreats, inter-team meetings, etc.
- Modeling and holding fellow team members accountable to company values
- Incorporating diversity and healthcare equity as a guiding principle of internal development and client-facing delivery
- Referring new talent to Tegria’s Talent team to continue growing Tegria’s knowledge and capabilities
Tegria Business Development:
- Developing marketing materials and/or blog posts to promote Tegria services and outcomes
- Leveraging industry connections and knowledge to identify potential business development opportunities
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of professional experience delivering project or program enhancements within a healthcare organization, payer, or healthcare consulting practice
- 3+ years of EMR reporting tools experience (MEDITECH: Report Designer, Business and Clinical Analytics etc.)
- 3+ years of EMR database experience (MEDITECH: Data Repository etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of data warehouse design with advanced knowledge in querying languages such as T-SQL and PL-SQL
- A conceptual knowledge and demonstrated practical understanding of data visualization techniques and best practices
- Proficient in business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc.) with the proven ability to quickly learn new technology
- Experience connecting business intelligence tools to multiple data stores such as Azure, Oracle, SQL Server, Google BigQuery, Hadoop Hive, Spark SQL, etc.
- Experience working with SSIS and other data integration tools
- Demonstrated understanding of data quality best practices
- Experience with Agile and Scrum processes and methodologies
- Ability to communicate to a wide array of audiences in a manner that resonates clearly with your intended audience
- Capable of and comfortable with working remotely and traveling to client sites as needed
We'd love to see:
- Prior consulting experience
- Some experience implementing, supporting, optimizing, and upgrading MEDITECH
- Experience integrating Business Intelligence tools with predictive analytics tools such as R and Python.
Need a few more details?
Exempt | Regular full-time
Must be legally authorized to work in US without sponsorship
This position is remote. Must work in a location within US
Up to 25%
Now, a little about us …
At Tegria, we bring bold ideas and breakthroughs to improve care, technology, revenue, and operations in ways that move healthcare organizations from patient-centered to human-centered. We are helping healthcare put people first—both patients and those who dedicate their lives to delivering care.
And at the very core of this vital work is our incredibly talented people.
People with different backgrounds who welcome challenge and change. People who listen first, ask hard questions, and make decisions to cultivate a culture of equity and inclusion. People who chase after goals, growth, and generosity. We’re real. We’re nimble, and we believe in our mission to humanize healthcare.
Perks and benefits
Top talent deserves top rewards. We’ve carefully curated a best-in-class benefits package, meant to meet you wherever you are in your life and career.
- Your health, holistically. We offer a choice of multiple health and dental plans with nationally recognized networks, as well as vision benefits, a total wellness program, and an employee assistance program for you and your family.
- Your financial well-being. We offer competitive wages, retirement savings plans, company-paid disability and life insurance, pre-tax savings opportunities (HSA and/or FSA), and more.
- And everything in between. Our lifestyle benefits are unrivaled, including professional development offerings, opportunities for remote work, and our favorite: a generous paid-time-off program, giving you the flexibility to plan a vacation, take time away for illness (or life’s important events), and shift your schedule to accommodate those unexpected curve balls thrown your way.
Tegria is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.