The role you play
Data Engineer Specific Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture while working within time and budget constraints
- Working with stakeholders to assist with data-related issues and support their data pipeline needs
- Assembling large, complex, and disparate datasets to meet functional and non-functional business needs
- Utilizing multiple programming languages to develop the best solution for the client (i.e. SQL, Python, R, C++, etc.)
- Developing processes for utilizing cloud-based services using industry best practices (i.e. Snowflake, Google Cloud Services, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure)
- Creating data tools for analytics and data science team members that will aid in the development and optimization of our current and future services into an industry leader in healthcare analytics
Client Engagement Delivery
- Working independently or as part of a project team on a client engagement. Could be full-time on a single customer engagement or part-time across customers
- Serving as a liaison between diverse IT and operations groups
- Facilitating meetings and owning meeting scheduling and coordination, preparation, documentation, and follow-up
- Utilizing, reviewing, and creating project tools and templates for assigned projects
- Creating and maintaining project plans
- Evaluating and documenting current-state processes through discovery and analysis. Presenting recommendations for improvements based on industry experience and best-practices
- Facilitating future-state workflow, policy, and process design and planning
- Building, testing, training, converting and/or deploying new infrastructure, workflows, policies, and processes
- Participating in major milestone reviews and decision gates
- Presenting to a wide variety of audiences
- Documenting measurable outcomes resulting from initiatives through KPI analysis and impact tracking
- Effectively utilizing communication, decision-making, and escalation pathways
- Executing effective project wrap-up through outcomes documentation, lessons-learned, and leave-behind materials allowing customers to sustain ongoing operations
- Mentoring Associate(s) on project activities and deliverables and collaborating with others on the same
- Mentoring customer counterparts for successful, long-term ownership and growth
- Embracing our mission to humanize healthcare
- Living our Tegria values–being real, serving intentionally, and stepping in and stepping up
Internal Team Development
- Contributing to personal and team development by participating in training activities and team events, while sharing your experience and expertise to help your team grow
- Participating in internal projects for Tegria’s strategic growth
- Planning and executing team- and company-wide gatherings, such as retreats, inter-team meetings, etc.
- Modeling and holding fellow team members accountable to company values
- Referring new talent to Tegria’s Talent team to continue growing Tegria’s knowledge and capabilities
Tegria Business Development
- Developing marketing materials and/or blog posts to promote Tegria services and outcomes
- Leveraging industry connections and knowledge to identify potential business development opportunities
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a Data Architect, Data Engineer, ETL Developer, Database Administrator, or similar positions
- Experience working with Azure data technologies including but not limited to Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2, or other data-centric technologies within Azure stack
- Experience with technical programming languages, preferably in Python
- Experience working with SSIS and other data integration tools and a desire to stay current as the data engineering field advances
- A deep conceptual knowledge and demonstrated practical understanding of data modeling techniques and best practices
- In-depth understanding of data warehouse design with advanced knowledge in querying languages such as SQL
- Experience working with unstructured and semi structured data (JSON, free-text entries, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to function in a project team, collaborating with other technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Capable of and comfortable with working remotely
- Capable of and comfortable with traveling to client sites as needed
We'd love to see:
- Certification in Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate or similar certification
- Preferred experience with large scale data processing technologies like Apache Spark and PySpark
- Preferred experience with data cloud platform like Snowflake or Azure Databricks
- Preferred experience with Electronic Health Systems, in particular Epic
- Preferred experience with ETL systems including next-generation Change Data Capture systems such as HVR
- Prior consulting experience
- Willingness to travel more than 25%
- Formal project management certification – either PMP or CSM
- Formal process improvement certification – ex: Lean Six Sigma or ITIL
Need a few more details?
Exempt | Regular Full-time
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
This position is remote. Must work in a location within US.
Up to 25%
$100,250 - $156,700/year
Now, a little about us …
At Tegria, we bring bold ideas and breakthroughs to improve care, technology, revenue, and operations in ways that move healthcare organizations from patient-centered to human-centered. We are helping healthcare put people first—both patients and those who dedicate their lives to delivering care.
And at the very core of this vital work is our incredibly talented people.
People with different backgrounds who welcome challenge and change. People who listen first, ask hard questions, and make decisions to cultivate a culture of equity and inclusion. People who chase after goals greater than their own, and whole-heartedly enjoy laughs, growth, and generosity. We’re real. We’re nimble, and we believe in our mission to humanize healthcare.
Perks and benefits
Top talent deserves top rewards. We’ve carefully curated a best-in-class benefits package, meant to meet you wherever you are in your life and career.
- Your health, holistically. We offer a choice of multiple health and dental plans with nationally recognized networks, as well as vision benefits, a total wellness program, and an employee assistance program for you and your family.
- Your financial well-being. We offer competitive wages, retirement savings plans, company-paid disability and life insurance, pre-tax savings opportunities (HSA and/or FSA), and more.
- And everything in between. Our lifestyle benefits are unrivaled, including professional development offerings, opportunities for remote work, and our favorite: a generous paid-time-off program, giving you the flexibility to plan a vacation, take time away for illness (or life’s important events), and shift your schedule to accommodate those unexpected curve balls thrown your way.
Tegria is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.